- City: Queens
- State: New York
- Country: United States
- Listed: 09/10/2015 9:58 PM
- Expires: This ad has expired
Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning
JCAL is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that offers visual, performing and literary arts, arts education and artists’ programs to encourage participation in the arts. For over four decades, JCAL has been offering quality arts programming to the people of Southeast Queens. The Center provides cultural enrichment to thousands of residents each year, in an area where hands-on workshops, art exhibitions, and dance, music, and theatrical performances are few and far between. It provides community artists and performers with a state-of-the-art venue in which to nurture their skills, showcase their work, and establish themselves in an ultra competitive marketplace.
JCAL is seeking for college students in Development Department to assist with specific tasks. Students interested in gaining hands-on experience in arts administration are welcome to apply. Qualified candidates must be able to commit through school year, for minimum 15 hours a week with occasion evening hours. Stipend.
• Prospect research.
• Maintenance of donor data base.
• Assist in planning and execution of special events, such as board cultivation and the next annual Gala.
• Assist in fundraising initiatives, such as Membership and Take a Seat Campaign, and the Annual Appeal.
• Light filing and administrative organization.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Interest in development and arts administration.
• Strong editing and communications skills.
• Well organized with attention to detail.
• Familiarity with Access, Microsoft, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and other social media platforms.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Exact responsibilities may be tailored to intern’s area of interest, level of education, and abilities.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Dodonna
- Member Since: 09/08/2015
Other items listed by Dodonna
- Good looking English Bulldog puppies
- Naperville Princess
- $700, ***Adorable Micro T-Cup Yorkie & Pomeranian Pups Available*** Text: (215) 866-4091
- Too sweat lovable Siberian husky puppies
- $3,450, 2004 Hyundai Sonata XG350L